IMPULSE TREATMENT CENTER
East Bay–Walnut Creek
A Complete Outpatient Treatment Center
DOES SEXUAL ADDICTION HAVE YOU IN ITS GRIP?
If your answer is yes, you need to know that there is hope! Since 1985, our staff at the Impulse Treatment Center has helped countless men and women who are struggling with sexual addiction.
PEOPLE STRUGGLING WITH SEXUAL ADDICTION OFTEN….
- Live a secret sexual life steeped in lies and shame
- Violate their own ethical, moral and professional principles.
- Pursue sexual interests obsessively, despite personal and financial risks.
- Use sex to relieve or escape anxiety.
- Find it hard to connect feelings of intimacy with sexual behaviors.
YOU’RE NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM.
It is estimated that there are thirteen million sexual addicts in the United States – six percent of the total population. Sexual addiction expresses itself in many ways. It can be as ordinary as compulsive masturbation and heterosexual / homosexual behaviors. It can also take the form of visiting prostitutes, pornography, Internet or cybersex, engaging in anonymous sex, making indecent phone calls, voyeurism and exhibitionism.
THERE IS A WAY OUT!
The first and biggest step towards a new, healthy life is admitting the problem. You do not have to live forever with sexual impulses that are out of control and threatening to ruin your life. Our specialized treatment program is designed to break the power of the addictive cycle.
- Individual confidential assessment.
- A treatment program uniquely tailored to your needs.
- Groups for male sex addicts, female sex and love addicts.
- Spouses groups for those involved with sex addicts.
- Marital/relationship counseling designed to treat issues of sexual infidelities.
- Sexual “anorexics” groups for those who avoid intimate relationships out of fear.
DON L. MATHEWS, MFT is the founder/director of the Impulse Treatment Center and a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. (Lic # MV 20226). He has extensive experience in the field of sexual addiction and has worked with individuals, couples and groups for the past 15 years. He has lectured widely on the subject and has appeared as a guest-expert on radio and television talk shows such as “2 at noon” and “People are Talking”.
I.T.C. staff members are professional licensed therapists and therapist interns specializing in the treatment of sexual addiction. We are the oldest sexual addiction treatment center in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sliding scale/ Insurance accepted
For an appointment or for more information, please call the:
IMPULSE TREATMENT CENTER
2940 Camino Diablo Suite 110
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
E-Mail : ImpulseCenter@aol.com